Regardless of all the bloodshed and more than 23,000 Palestinians killed in Israel attacks against Gaza and the West Bank, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said this Saturday that the war will continue.
During a speech this Saturday morning, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the war in Gaza will continue even despite the decision made by the International Court of Justice in The Hague. The bloody war has so far killed 23,900 Palestinians, including 10,000 children.
“No one will stop us — not The Hague, not the Axis of Evil, and no one else. It is possible and necessary to continue until victory, and we will do it,” Netanyahu said a televised press conference marking day 100 of the war in Gaza.
Netanyahu’s mention of the ICJ referred to the case that earlier this week, South Africa brought against Israel in the Court for breach of the UN Genocide Convention, of which Israel itself is a signatory.
South Africa is trying to convince the Court to issue a temporary injunction demanding Israel to put an end to its ceaseless bombing and ground invasion of Gaza. “Genocide is never declared in advance,” but the court should have enough evidence from the weeks of the campaign, Adila Hassim, a lawyer representing South Africa, said at a hearing in The Hague on Thursday. “Nothing will stop the suffering except an order from this court.”
Israel dismissed any wrongdoing!
Despite killing nearly 24,000 Palestinian men, women, and children in almost three months, Israel denied the accusations, saying the campaign is to defend its own territory and that it has worked to prevent civilian casualties.
Accusing South Africa of supporting “baby burners,” Netanyahu also reacted to the move by South Africa and said that “the hypocrisy of South Africa screams to high heaven. Where was South Africa when millions of people were murdered and displaced from their homes in Syria and Yemen, and by whom? By the partners of Hamas.”
But new reports suggest a very jaw-dropping fact that Israelis who lost their lives on October 7 were not all killed by Hamas. Instead, evidence continues to emerge that the Israeli forces burned many of their own civilians to death during Operation Al-Aqsa Flood by responding to the attack by Hamas’ Qassim Brigades using helicopter and tank fire.
According to one of these reports, “Israel issued the “Hannibal Directive” to kill Israeli civilians and soldiers rather than let them be taken captive by fighters from Hamas’ military wing, the Qassim Brigades, to exchange for Palestinians held captive in Israel.”
Washington is as much guilty as Israel in the Gaza genocide
In his Saturday speech, where US Secretary of State Antony Blinken was also present, Netanyahu further told reporters that the war with Hamas “is not only our war, this is also your (US) war.”
It is clear to everyone that in the war with Hamas, Tel Aviv is deeply dependent on Washington. According to one of the latest reports by Israel’s Channel 12 on 26 December, US has transported 244 planes and 20 ships as well as over 10,000 tons of armaments and military equipment to Israel since 7 October.
The US is even fighting for Israel in the Red Sea, where it carried out attacks against Yemen early this week. But Israeli leaders are hoping for even more US help to expand the war to Lebanon to confront their other enemy in the north, Hezbollah.