Mohamed Salah, the football player of Egypt, has demanded a stop to the “massacres” in Gaza. Salah demands that the beleaguered Palestinian region be opened up to humanitarian help right away.
The 31-year-old striker spoke out for the first time yesterday over the escalating Israel-Gaza confrontation. The statements were delivered in the midst of mounting indignation following a bombing at Gaza City’s al-Ahli Arab Hospital, which claimed about 500 lives.
According to Palestinian officials, an Israeli air attack was the cause of the explosion. Israel claims that the explosion was caused by a missile that the armed organization Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) misfired. The accusation has been denied by the PIJ.
In a post on Instagram account, Salah said “it is not always easy to speak in a time like this. There has been too much violence and too much heartbreak and brutality.”
The Egyptian national team’s player has come under fire for remaining silent about the condition in Palestine. A social media campaign to unfollow him had been initiated by some of his detractors.
Salah has become one of the most well-liked sportsmen in the Arab communities. He won the UCL and the Premier League with his team during the years. “The escalations in recent weeks is unbearable to witness. All lives are sacred and must be protected. The massacres need to stop, families are being torn apart,” Salah asserted.
Since October 7, when Hamas fighters unexpectedly attacked Israel, Gaza has been under blockade. In the wake of the Hamas onslaught, 1,400 Israelis lost their lives and dozens more were captured. In retaliation, Israel announced war condition and bombarded the 2.3 million-person area nonstop.
“The scenes at the hospital last night were horrifying. The people of Gaza need food, water and medical supplies urgently. “I am calling on world leaders to come together to prevent further slaughter of innocent souls – humanity must prevail.”” Salah said
On a Wednesday flight to Tel Aviv, US President said that Israel had granted his plea to permit supplies into Gaza. It was remarked in the midst of growing anxiety over running out of supplies and dire predictions for humanitarian disasters.
An Israeli embargo that lasted sixteen years had already caused the enclave to struggle. Cairo has said that it will permit 20 trucks to enter Gaza through the southern Rafah border with humanitarian supplies.
Salah clarified that it is now evident that assistance to Gaza has to be approved right away. The living conditions of those who live there are appalling.